Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting for paint to dry

 I'm waiting for some paint to dry so I figured I'd let you know what I'm up to...

I'm in project mode right now. It has been so long since I have done something that involved wood,painting,sanding and nailing. And yes it is a Pinterest project(enter my husband's eyes rolling). I also found a cork board I made that just wasn't right and tore it all apart and now it will be a chalk board for a birthday gift. My main project right now is a  chalk board. It is a big one.

 As school is rounding the end for us I realize things kinda need to change around here. Things were forgotten about, done at the last minute or not done at all. There were some tears and some angry moments. So I am gonna try and remedy that. I know it won't fix all things wrong, nothing ever will, that's what makes life interesting right? So I am trying to do something that has function but looks cool as well.

Well...this project had one hitch. I have no place to put this big chalk board. So another project will be on the heels of the chalkboard. I want to create a new gallery wall. One that will center/incorporate the new chalkboard. One issue with this wall is it is ICF, which is concrete and styrofoam. So using nails is a pain as there are no studs, thankfully command strips were invented.


So here is the wall now. It's a big wall and it has so much potential. 

Our house has a modern feel to it and country doesn't really fit in.So some hunting will have to happen. This will be a work in progress over a few months. I am gonna start by scrounging through our house and look for frames that can be painted and repurposed. The main colors are black and white but I hope to bring in the deep purple that is in our dining room chairs. Plus I love purple and have  never decorated with it.

So here goes. I'm treading into territory I'm not the most confident in, interior decorating. Good thing I have friends who have good taste and understand my budget, which is zippo! And I do love pinterest in this case. I get inspired from so many pictures and try to take what works for us.

I have another project coming up that is gonna challenge me a whole lot, and it is a gooder! But that is down on the list right now.

Summer is upon us and I can't wait till school is over and our tent trailer is packed up and we are in the mountains chilaxing!

Anyways Happy June!

No comments:

Little princess wish list

-Horse t shirts size 12- she is starting to fit ladies extra small but they have to be a small cut and not a big gaping neckline ( More big girl/ladies styles not little girl, Out here Cowtown has some nice ones)

Heartland T V series DVD . She has Seasons, 1,2,4,9

Big dude Wish List

--NHL Hockey cards, really any brand

--Bulk Lego ( new or used)

--Lego mats

--Lego gift cards



Trevor's list

*Jets big fist can coozie around $35 Jersey city
*self rollback airhose reel
*mig welder
*headphones -good for running
The following is for the"Man Room":
He wants a classy contemporary lounge type feel
-set of glasses/mugs--(ie Jets or Team Canada Hockey)
-items needed to use when having guests over to watch, "The Big Game"
-Sports paraphernalia (no strong themes) some specific teams are: jets, Bombers, team canada, old logo canucks(black and yellow), Elm Creek Kernels. ** He has a Team Canada Jersey and an old logo Jets Jersey and new Jets Jersey**

Melanie 's wish List


* caramel and vanilla or mint chocolate or cinnamon flavoured marshmellows
*Gift cards for Marshalls/Winners/Homesense